NEMOA, the National Etailing and Mailing Organization of America, is devoted to bringing together catalog/direct marketers and their supporters to build relationships and learn about industry trends and issues. Members of NEMOA agree to:
- Deal fairly and honestly with customers and suppliers.
- Abide by laws and regulations governing direct marketers.
- Respect NEMOA's dedication to sharing ideas, experiences and fellowship by creating a helpful, friendly, non-sales oriented atmosphere at NEMOA events.
- Try to limit private meetings to free times, rather than competing with sessions at conferences or events.
- If asked to present at a conference, refrain from self-promotions.
- Use Member directory for networking purposes only - not commercial or marketing use.
Note: If the Board of Directors determines by a unanimous vote that a Member has failed to adhere to the NEMOA Guidelines for Conduct, the Board may remove such member.
NEMOA member best practices
Most members of NEMOA stay on top of industry trends and apply best-practices of multi-channel marketing. For instance, they:
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends in catalog and multi-channel marketing
- Learn from and network with the best of the best in the Multi-channel Marketing industry
- Stay aware of current postal rules and regulations
- Keep their data clean, minimizing wasted print catalogs
- Deliver mail deep into the mail stream
- Use reputable printers and list brokers
- and more!
History Of NEMOA
NEMOA was founded in 1947 by a handful of pioneering New England mail order companies - Johnny Appleseed's, Brecks of Boston, Brookstone, and Deerskin Trading among them - as a professional group for discussions, community building, and information exchange. Over the past 71 years, NEMOA has not only grown beyond New England, but its membership has also become more diversified, including printers, list brokers, service bureaus and other suppliers to mail order businesses. Yet its focus remains catalog and direct e-tail companies, large and small. Today, with over 200 corporate members from across the country, NEMOA is one of the nation's largest professional organizations dedicated exclusively to the catalog/e-tail industry.View list of current NEMOA Member companies